Effective Dental Restorations With Gold
Full Metal Cast Gold Restorations – Advantages We all want the confidence that goes along with an attractive smile. And we all want a healthy mouth that lets us eat the foods we love. But having a damaged tooth repaired can be uncomfortable, time-consuming, and expensive. The use of gold in dentistry has been around for a long time – since about 1800. There are many reasons why today’s finest dentists continue to use cast gold for dental restorations. When you need an inlay or onlay filling, crown, bridge, or implant, consider these benefits of a cast gold restoration:
- The natural density of gold makes it extremely strong.
- Gold is durable and non-reactive. A gold dental restoration is long-lasting and won’t discolor.
- Gold is body-friendly. Its biocompatible nature means few people will have an allergic reaction to it.
- Gold has the same flexibility as natural dental enamel. This means a gold restoration is kind to the opposing tooth. Ideal for posterior restorations, teeth that experience the most bite pressure, it won’t cause unusual wear or damage to the tooth that bites against it.
- Gold is cosmetically pleasing. As a restoration for posterior teeth, those at the rear of the mouth, it is not obvious. And, due to its natural luster and shine, many individuals consider gold restorations in any location to be prestigious.
- The material may be tried and true, but application methods continue to advance. Dr. Andrew Spath is deeply involved in these gold foil and cast gold technologies.
- Dr. Spath’s skill and experience in working with gold, combined with the expertise of Frontier Dental Laboratories, Inc., ensures that you’ll receive the highest quality restorations available. Gold may cost more than porcelain or composite resin initially, but it is cost-effective in the long run. Your restoration will last a lifetime, saving you the inconvenience, discomfort, and cost of return visits.
Newport Beach Gold Dental
Back to Gold home page
- Gold Is An Excellent Restorative Material For Replacement of Lost Teeth, Newport Beach Gold Dental
Andrew Spath, DDS
2121 East Coast Highway, Suite 230, Newport Beach, CA 92625
TEL (949) 612 2356
FAX (949) 729 9941
Serving areas of:
• Costa Mesa
• Newport Beach
• Huntington Beach
• Corona Del Mar
• Laguna Beach
• Newport Coast
Free Dental Health Newsletters